Easy Holiday Craft: Potato Stamped Wrapping Paper
With the holiday season upon us, it’s easy to get caught up in all the preparations and parties. Why not schedule one afternoon – or an evening – to take a break from the to-do lists and spend time making this simple craft with your family or friends?
Potato stamped wrapping paper is a DIY project that anyone can do. Plus, when you’re finished, you’ll have loads of custom-made paper to wrap gifts.
This simple stamp template takes the guesswork out of the craft. And those potato peels? Feel free to throw them down your InSinkErator®. Yep, it can handle it.
Matte white and natural-colored wrapping paper
- Print templates onto heavy cardstock; cut potato in half.
- Place the template onto the cut surface of the potato; the starchiness and moisture from the potato will help keep the template in place.
- Using the paring knife, carefully make small slices down into potato around the edges of the template, only cutting about ½ inch into the potato.
- Make horizontal cuts through the side of potato, carefully chipping away the flesh to reveal the design.
- Blot away the excess moisture using a paper towel before applying ink and stamping the wrapping paper.