10 Tips For A Winning At Home Tailgate
Follow this playbook to plan a party your guests will love.
1. Embrace The Slow Cooker – Is there anything a slow cooker can’t do? Among our favorites: hearty dips like Southern Living’s Slow Cooker Beef Nachos and Plain Chicken’s BBQ Chicken Dip. Plus, one-pot meals can lead to quicker cleanup.
2. Build A Menu Around Finger Foods – To make kitchen clean-up easier, choose foods that don’t require utensils. You should be able to put food right down the sink, without having to separate forks and knives. The InSinkErator® Evolution Series® has extensive grinding capabilities – you can even throw in the bones from chicken wings.
3. Make Ahead To Maximize Fun – You want to enjoy the party with your guests. Shop and prep for food mid-week, choosing items that will keep through Saturday. Think: sausage balls and pinwheel sandwiches.
4. Create a Signature Cocktail – Pick one mixed drink and make it in batches. We love these 10 SEC themed cocktails by The Kitchen Prep.
5. Don’t Overthink Décor – Fresh-cut flowers from the farmer’s market will do the trick.
6. But Do Make Sure You Have Enough Seats – Don’t worry about all of them matching – you just want your guests to feel comfortable. If planning a large party, consider renting inexpensive metal folding chairs.
7. Keep Little Hands Busy – Create a kids’ area to keep children entertained. Spread craft paper over a table and stock it with crayons and these free, downloadable football coloring pages.
8. Plan Easy Halftime Activities – Everyone loves a game of corn hole. Upgrade your set with your team color or family name.
9. Don’t Be Afraid To Delegate – It’s OK to ask friends to bring an appetizer or to borrow her serving tray. Guests appreciate being asked to contribute!
10. Simplify Cleanup – InSinkErator® makes cleaning up your kitchen easy. You’ll have more time to enjoy with your guests, and to plan for the next game.