10 Cleaning Strategies To Make Your Party A Success
Parties are for spending time with your guests – not cleaning up after them. Get a head start on keeping your home tidy with these tips:
- Clean out your refrigerator a few days before the party, disposing leftovers into your InSinkErator® garbage disposer. You’ll have more space for items you need for the party – and won’t have do dig through the fridge looking for condiments.
- Wipe down every surface with a dust rag, or, in the kitchen, a wet wipe.
- Enlist little hands to help you, putting away their toys.
- Prepare a “stain kit” – all the items you need in case a spill occurs during the party. The kit should include a sponge, paper towels, and spot cleaners for clothes and carpet. Stash it in an easy-to-find spot.
- Before the party starts, empty all wastebaskets, including those in the powder room.
- Use a lemon to clean your chrome fixtures. Then throw the lemon down your InSinkErator® garbage disposal to freshen it up.
- Don’t be afraid to use disposable plates and utensils! But if you prefer to use the real thing, designate an area for used dinnerware to be stacked during the party. A shallow, rubber tub can be useful to corral silverware.
- Stock up on disposable hand towels for the powder room so you won’t have to worry about laundering the cloth ones.
- While you’re at it, make sure your shower curtain is closed so the bathroom looks nice and tidy.
- Pick one signature cocktail, laying out ingredients for each. We love a Kir Royale Champagne cocktail because it’s so simple, and will require little cleanup. For recipe, visit A Healthy Life For Me.